Lelavision, Moving In The Spirit and Mausiki Scales Come Together to Promote Free HIV Testing on World AIDS Day: December 1
HIV cases are on the rise, especially among teens and young adults. In order to stem the 70% spike in new HIV cases in young people ages 13-24 in the US, particularly in Atlanta which is one of the epicenters of the spike, a bi-coastal team of artists, scientists, professors, ministers, nurses and counselors are collaborating on a series of events to take place in Atlanta on World AIDS Day, December 1.
To create a full day of activities, producers Lelavision are working with artists including Moving in the Spirit, Mausiki Scales, Morehouse Freshman Dorm Steppers and cellist Okorie Johnson; collaborating with scientists and professors at Morehouse College, Emory University, Georgia State University and Clark Atlanta University; and coordinating efforts with nurses and staff of Grady Memorial Hospital and AID Atlanta. Support is also provided by the CDC’s Let’s Stop HIV Together campaign, Sensation Station Network, and Georgia Equality.
· Clark Atlanta University: noon – 3:30pm at CAU Student Center, www.clarku.edu/offices/health/
· Georgia State: 10am – 2pm at Ga State Student Recreation Center http://healthpromotion.gsu.
· Emory: 10:30am – 1:30pm on the Quad, www.emoryquiltonthequad.
· Morehouse: noon – 4pm at Forbes Arena, www.morehouse.edu/student_
· Grady Family Planning Clinic: 8am-4:30pm, www.gradyhealth.org/specialty/
· Fulton Co. Dept. of Health and Wellness: 8:30am -3:30pm, www.fultoncountyga.gov/
· NAESM: 9am-5pm, http://std-clinics.
· AID Atlanta: 10am-7pm, www.aidatlanta.org/page.aspx?
Elf The Musical on Tour is coming to The Fox Theatre and THIS WEEK- Bert’s Big Adventure gets $5 for every ticket sold to the show! Just use the code BBA through Sunday, November 22nd when purchasing your tickets here: http://www.FoxTheatre.
Executive Chef Kevin Ouzts and cheese expert Hannah Thompson are hosting a “Saturday Night in Spain” on Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 3 to 5 p.m. at The Cockentrice. Chef Ouzts has prepared a delectable menu featuring tapas-style bites with wine pairings from Spain while Hannah will present cheese pairings. An intimate evening, limited seating is available and the cost is $45 per person plus tax and gratuity. Tickets are available at www.brownpapertickets.com/